You can make this year, an year of God’s extraordinary presence and power in your life.
Here is some of the covenants you can make with your own flesh and soul so that Holy Spirit can take control.
1. Make a covenant with your own eyes not to look at anything ,anyone lustfully(pictures,videos, other man or woman…) . Just like JOB said “I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young women (JOB 31:1). Save yourself from watching lie-spreading videos and TV channels and depressing movies or series and serials. “For eye is the lamp of body. if your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy your whole body will be full of darkness”(Mathew 6:22,23).
2. Make a covenant with your heart to keep itself pure from corrupted. That means your emotions, you will, your desires should not defile you. “For it is from heart that comes all evil – sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly”. (Mark 7:21).
Pray that your will and desire be not yours but from the heavenly father.
Pray that your emotions should not get controlled by situations and surroundings. Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see the GOD (Mathew 5:8).
3. Make a covenant with you hands not to harm others, not to do anything wrong, not in overindulgence, not in masturbation, but to bless others and to place your hand on sick people to pray and heal them.
4. Make a covenant with your legs to run to share goodness of Christ all around. So that your presence be a blessing to others.
5. Make a covenant with your own tongue not to abuse, not to gossip, not to judge, not to curse but speak the words of encouragement and blessings on others.
6. Make a covenant with your own ears not to listen to the gossips and evils but eager to listen to the voice of God
7. Make a covenant with your own head not to allow fearful thoughts, worrying thoughts, self condemning thoughts, but with thoughts that
“You are a child of God through Christ”,
“You have been chosen through Christ Jesus”,
“You have been called to reveal the glory and power of God in this time through Christ Jesus”,
“You are a masterpiece” (a treasure that cannot be duplicated)